Integrating subsurface data from existing vertical wells can greatly assist targeting and placement of infill horizontal wellbores. CoViz 4D enables a high degree of data integration and collaboration across the asset and adds value to analysis and decision-making.
Challenges in Utilizing Subsurface Data
A Data Registry to Easily Share Discipline-Specific Information With Others
The data registry keeps track of where that data is located and makes it accessible to other team members. This capability enhances decision making regarding reservoir assessment in the following ways:
- Eliminates time wasted searching for relevant reservoir data.
- Team members can easily access data even if they are not experts in the methods or tools used to acquire, generate, or manage the data.
- Facilitates a better understanding of reservoir characteristics and potential by evaluating subsurface data in context.
- Allows teams to see how development decisions have impacted reservoir performance via access to relevant data acquired throughout the lifetime of the reservoir.
3D Visualization of Subsurface Data to Uncover Unconventional Opportunities
CoViz 4D enhances the value of discipline-specific data sets, not only by making it easy to access the data, but also by combining and co-visualizing these data, regardless of source or format or time acquired, into a shared environment that enables asset teams to visualize the data to reveal geology, well trajectories, pay zones, and production data in great detail. With a common view of reservoir properties, teams can:
- Study the locations of existing wells and understand how lithology has influenced well placement
- Learn how geology and geophysical attributes have influenced reservoir development and production
- With the aid of recently-acquired data, identify areas of additional opportunity, such as unconventional plays to recover previously inaccessible pay
- Use time-step data (4D) to learn how the reservoir has responded to development and operational decisions over time
- Evaluate the results of previous unconventional well development to determine how geology, petrophysics, and completion methods have influenced well performance
Reservoir teams can use CoViz 4D to obtain a clearer understanding of the interplay among all the factors that influence reservoir performance when all relevant subsurface data is visualized and presented in a shared, collaborative environment.
Expansive Set of Tools for Reservoir Analysis
CoViz 4D offers an expansive set of analytics tools, including:
- Integrated calculator to apply arithmetic operations on any quantitative reservoir object
- Advanced 3D distance calculations to determine proximity of neighboring wells or lease boundaries at various points in time
- Interactive tools to calculate property averages and attribute extractions in seismic and cellular space
- 4D geomechanics workflow to calculate overburden displacement, strain, stress, and seismic time-shifts resulting from reservoir thickness changes
Maximize the Value of Older Subsurface Data to Identify Unconventional Opportunity
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives oil and gas professionals the ability to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with petroleum assets. Powerful visualization capabilities enable you to explore data relationships, calculate and show inferred data, and analyze how data changes over time, allowing your team to confidently make decisions to identify additional recoverable opportunities. To learn more about CoViz 4D contact our team.