Data associated with hydrocarbon assets are vital to efficient recovery. At every step of the reservoir lifecycle, data provide reservoir teams with insight to help understand subsurface structures and conditions, evaluate alternative development strategies, and closely monitor operations. Innovations in seismic, drilling, and wellbore technology are generating ever-greater volumes of reservoir and operational data. Sophisticated, discipline-specific software products allow members of a reservoir management team to transform data into actionable insight.
The Problem of Data Access and Data Protection in the Oil and Gas Industry
Access While Protecting Data Integrity
A data registry allows individual team members to determine which of their data will be made available to others. Once the discipline-specific datasets are selected and linked, the data registry allows the analysis and interpretation of data without compromising original data sources in the following ways:
- Discipline-specific datasets are maintained and managed in their original location, respecting corporate data protection policies.
- Data access is “read-only” preventing anyone, other than the data owners, from deleting the data or making modifications to the actual data sources.
- Only datasets vetted or approved by individual team members are shared. This ensures that other team members are accessing only relevant data.
- As team members update or add new datasets, the data becomes immediately available to other members of the team for analysis.
Data Registry and Visualization for Collaborative Analyses
With the ability to opens in a new windowvisualize an individual dataset in context of other datasets, asset teams can conduct comprehensive analyses that provide a clearer understanding of reservoir conditions—clearer than any single dataset can offer. With these capabilities asset teams can:
- Focus on a specific geologic area of interest by visually filtering out surrounding data.
- Explore digital representations of fault gaps, reverse faults, and fault-wedge contours.
- More closely estimate the distribution and amount of hydrocarbon volumes using geologic models.
- Use seismic data to evaluate geologic structures and evaluate the pros and cons of various wellpath alternatives.
- Model complexly faulted structures to better understand factors affecting reservoir performance.
CoViz 4D is the ideal answer for maintaining data protection in the oil and gas industry while maximizing the value of the data.
Access Relevant Data While Maintaining Data Protection With CoViz 4D
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives oil and gas professionals the ability to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with petroleum assets without jeopardizing the integrity of the data sources. Powerful visualization capabilities enable you to explore data relationships, allowing reservoir teams to confidently make decisions that positively impact recovery. To learn more about CoViz 4D, contact our team.