Today, oil and gas data can be as valuable as the hydrocarbon assets they characterize. Access to relevant data greatly enhances an asset team’s ability to assess economic potential, plan development, and accurately monitor reservoir performance. Individual datasets—seismic, petrophysical, simulations, cuttings, well logs, production—describe the evolving reservoir conditions. These data are the domains of a wide range of petroleum professionals who know their physical or logical locations (desktop, server, cloud) of these datasets and understand their significance.
When Loss of Access Equals Lost Data
With a Data Registry, Relevant Information Is Always Accessible
1. Data or Models Not Fully Shared Are Lost Data
2. Delays in Finding Data Is a First Cousin of Lost Data
3. Change of Personnel
Additional Advantages of a Data Registry
- Data quality: where data being accessed by team members have been vetted by the petroleum professional responsible for acquiring, managing, and interpreting it
- Data integrity: where data is accessible by authorized personnel, but cannot be modified, except by the data owner
- Historical data backups: making a copy of the data registry at a particular date to provide a historical snapshot of the characteristics (geological model, well logs, production, etc.) and operating environment
Prevent the Loss of Vital Oil and Gas Data With CoViz 4D
As new data are acquired or generated and as team membership changes throughout a project’s exploration, development, and production phases, CoViz 4D and its data registry capability ensure that all members of the management team maintain access to vetted critical oil and gas data. CoViz 4D provides the ideal environment for asset management teams to easily access and analyze and visualize it throughout the lifetime of hydrocarbon assets.
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics Inc., gives petroleum professionals the ability to easily access all relevant oil and gas data throughout an asset’s lifecycle. Powerful visualization capabilities enable you to explore data relationships, calculate and show inferred data, and analyze how data changes over time. With CoViz 4D, management teams can confidently make decisions without loss of access to oil and gas data vital to efficient reservoir management. To learn more about CoViz 4D contact our team.