Integrating multiple data sources such as 4D seismic, reservoir simulation, directional wellbores, stratigraphic top picks and monthly production data from ‘best-of-breed’ software supports collaborative analysis for improved decision-making.
Oil and Gas Technology Trends Improving the Industry
1. The Availability of Greater Volumes of Geophysical and Operational Data
2. The Use of Best-of-Breed Software and Analytical Tools
With the wealth of detailed data, geoscientists, and production engineers are turning to best-of-breed software to analyze geophysical and operational data. Software products like ELFEN, ESRI, LandMark Graphics, OpenWorks, Schlumberger, and SeisWorks are taking advantage of ever-increasing processing power to transform raw data into:
- field-scale 2D and 3D seismic interpretations and mappings.
- accurate fault mapping, critical flowing, or sealing windows definitions along faults.
- history matching comparisons of historical field production and pressures with values calculated from reservoir simulation models.
- geophysical models that characterize subsurface volumes, including formation shapes and thicknesses, lithologies, and permeability and porosity distributions.
3. The Need for Collaborative Analysis
With a common environment for visualizing information geoscientists can:
- compare temporal seismic data with simulation models for more accurate history matches and a better understanding of the 4D seismic response.
- discover correlations that would have been missed looking at individual datasets alone.
- monitor tracers to track flow and determine if there is infiltration into other wells/areas.
- compare a reservoir simulation model against the actual reservoir performance to fine-tune the model.
- optimize wellbore placements with, geologic and driller’s targets, ellipsoids of uncertainty, alerts for horizon intersections, and faults below a user-specific angle.
- analyze field development over time, comparing estimated recovery with actual recovery and identifying changes in subsurface factors that influenced production.
Integrate, Visualize, and Analyze Data with CoViz 4D
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives geologists, geophysicists, and reservoir engineers the ability to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with subsurface environments. Powerful analytic capabilities enable users to explore data relationships, analyze the accuracy of depth conversion of 3D seismic, and visualize seismic well ties and velocity models to facilitate decisions that positively impact profit and reduce operational risk. To learn more about CoViz 4D, contact our team.