Evaluating well plans and drilling scenarios is a critical on-going activity that demands constant attention for safety and economic reasons. Visualizing and analyzing well data in a geolocated, temporal environment such as CoViz 4D is paramount to maximizing efficiency during drilling and well management operations.
Central Data Organization
Enhanced Monitoring Strategies
With CoViz 4D—data visualization and analysis software created by Dynamic Graphics, Inc. (DGI)—users can take advantage of the following features that can be used to streamline the well-planning process:
- seismic data in 2D, 3D, or 4D that provides the best set of measured data for the full field
- property, geocellular, and structural geologic models that combine seismic data with well picks, well logs, lithological data into various forms of geologic models
- simulation models and history matches that offer prime predictive models that can help analysts avoid potential issues that may cause oil kicks
Plan Wells Faster with 3D and 4D Capacity
WellArchitect, DGI’s advanced well planning software solution for integrated planning and drilling of directional wellpaths, leverages the detailed insight provided by CoViz 4D to enable well planners and drilling engineers to improve wellbore placement. Using WellArchitect to plan within the geologic context and subsurface detail provided by CoViz 4D, allows for quicker planning and better optimized well plans; during drilling, it can result in faster responses to unexpected situations. With a over 15 years of use in the field, in thousands of copies worldwide, WellArchitect has been developed to include but also go beyond more traditional tools; WellArchitect can, for example:
- clearly show and alert based on proximity to faults and horizons
- display in 3D while planning/drilling the minimum allowable separation distance (the MASD, based on an anti-collision rule) to aid replanning and steering
- collision-avoidance symbols (this is basically an iteration of the “MASD” one above)
- perform safety-critical automated clearance calculations ahead-of-the-bit using industry-standard tool models and user-tailored anti-collision rules
- offer technically advanced tools for managing collision risk with intuitive displays that respond interactively to new data, allowing quicker responses to changing situations
Oilfield Well Control with CoViz 4D
With CoViz 4D, analysts can also simplify oilfield well control procedures in the event of an emergency, providing more time to craft viable plans that minimize losses.
CoViz 4D, a data visualization software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., offers multidisciplinary features that combine datasets and translate them into central visual displays. Users will be able to visualize subsurface conditions and mitigate risks that could stall operational goals. Contact our team today to learn how you can enhance your well-control strategies and foster an efficient well-planning regimen that allows you to make the best decisions before operations begin.