Relief Well Planning
- The geological characteristics of the subsurface can vary with depth. Having this information from geologic models, log data, or seismic survey is important for downhole drilling and trajectory changes.
- Having the knowledge of the exact location of the blowout and relief wells allows calculation to intercept the blowout well at the appropriate interception point.
- It is also important to know the location of existing wells in order to avoid collision risk while drilling the relief well.
Visualizing Ensures Accuracy in Relief Well Planning
- Easily identify the point of interception.
- Locate the proximity to faults or horizons.
- Determine the accurate well spacing and placement.
- Avoid well collisions in existing or planned wellpath.
- Eliminate positional uncertainties in well trajectory planning.
Leveraging 3D Visualizing Technology for Fast and Effective Response
CoViz 4D and WellArchitect from Dynamic Graphics, Inc. give oil and gas professionals the ability to easily access, combine, and visualize all the relevant data essential in relief well planning and design. Powerful visualization capabilities provide accuracy in target identification and minimized positional uncertainties, allowing asset teams to confidently make decisions that reduce the risk of well collision and ensures accurate and quick drilling of a relief well in the event of an emergency. To learn more about CoViz 4D and WellArchitect contact our team.