Leveraging Subsurface Data for Analysis
- 3D/4D seismic surveys, time or depth seismic structure maps, reservoir interval maps
- (time or depth), attribute analysis and maps, and synthetic seismograms
- field structural models and maps, including fault orientation and offset
- reservoir lithological models, including reservoir interval isopach maps and isolith maps
- open hole logs, mud logs, core, cuttings, log cross-sections, facies models, and directional surveys
Reservoir, Completion, and Production Engineers
- casing design, completion locations, perforated intervals, frac design and pumping data, directional surveys, pump specifications and efficiencies, artificial lift design, and efficiency ratings
- cased and open hole logs, reservoir simulation models
- production data and graphs such as decline curves & BHP/Z
- rheological information, pressure—surface and bottom hole, oil/water cut, fluid rates, and gas production
These data deliver their maximum value when opens in a new windowfully integrated and analyzed in combination with all other available subsurface data. An integrated approach to reservoir performance analysis gives multi-disciplinary team members immediate access to relevant datasets and the ability to visualize the information in multiple dimensions.
An integrated approach to reservoir performance analysis gives multi-disciplinary team members immediate access to relevant datasets and the ability to visualize the information in multiple dimensions.
Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- Compare the 4D seismic response against the dynamic model and production data. Long, narrow hardening signals indicate water is replacing oil along in injection wells and provides strong evidence of the effective performance of water injection along the completed intervals.
- Create a petrophysical model of oil saturation using existing field data. Perform reservoir characterization to verify remaining reserves. Use extended-reach drilling to access bypassed oil while minimizing cost risks in planning expensive horizontal wells.
- Combine measurement-while-drilling (MWD) data with existing horizontal well data and digitized injection surveys to visualize and identify dominant, unswept flow units.
- Characterize thinner sand bodies into unique units, including core descriptions combined with log-rock typing, detailed log correlation, and production/injection history matching for bypassed pay-saturation analysis regarding recent pass-through wells.
- As part of a thermal-enhanced recovery project expanding an existing steamflood project, determine the optimum placement for horizontal laterals, i.e., at the bottom to maximize capture of oil through steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD).
Optimum Reservoir Performance Analysis Requires Collaboration
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives oil and gas professionals the ability to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with reservoir performance. Powerful visualization capabilities allow asset management teams to confidently make decisions that maximize return on reservoir assets. To learn more about CoViz 4D, contact our team.