Target analysis and wellpath ellipses of uncertainty along a proposed wellbore, viewed in conjunction with structural models, can greatly reduce the risk associated with many drilling hazards.
Isolated Software Tools and Data Sources Hinder Risk Management
Combine Data Sources to Visualize Opportunity and Risk
As valuable as those data are when viewed within their own silo, they attain even greater value when combined and visualized to allow each discipline to explore and analyze their data in the context of data provided by other disciplines. For well planners and drilling engineers responsible for risk management in the oil and gas industry during drilling, the ability to visualize data in geospatial and temporal frames of reference can greatly aid in solidifying the understanding and management of drilling risk.
CoViz 4D has the ability to combine and visualize data sources from various disciplines and varying vendors to address this problem. The CoViz 4D software package easily integrates a wide range of data types from many different sources and disciplines within the oil and gas industry. In addition, its 3D and 4D (temporal) visualization and analytics capabilities enable the drilling team, including geologist and drilling engineers, to collaboratively:
- obtain an immediate visual summary of the subsurface environment.
- collectively evaluate risks and options in cooperation with other disciplines.
- avoid other wells, problematic geological features, depleted zones, and waste disposal when planning a wellpath.
- filter the various reservoir data to display established wellpaths and geologic features within a specified proximity to the proposed wellpath.
- ensure the wellpath follows the wellpath design.
- determine an appropriate build angle when passing through zones associated with fluid losses.
- determine the sweet spot for wellpaths.
- render wellpaths within the context of the simulation model to ensure the results match the reservoir engineers’ and geologists’ expectations based on their understanding of the environment.
CoViz 4D: Vital to Risk Management in the Oil And Gas Industry
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives geologists, geophysicists, and reservoir engineers the ability to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with subsurface environments. Powerful analytic capabilities enable users to explore data relationships, analyze the accuracy of depth conversion of 3D seismic, and visualize seismic well ties and velocity models to facilitate decisions that positively impact profit and reduce operational risk. To learn more about CoViz 4D, contact our team.