Visualization of subsurface data associated with hydrocarbon assets has evolved from the acquisition of millions of seismic data points (1D) that create two-dimensional (2D) images showing subsurface geology, to three-dimensional (3D) seismic data visualizations. The level of detail continually improves with more precise data acquisition capabilities, ever-greater data volumes, and sophisticated processing algorithms.
The Value of 4D Seismic Data Visualization and Analysis
Visualizing Time-Variant Seismic Data
- visualize well trajectories, perforations, treatment curves, and induced fracture locations as new well events and seismic data are added
- analyze microseismic event geometry over time, including geological, petrophysical, and reservoir data, captured during hydraulic fracturing to present the microseismic data in their true geologic context
- compare the 4D seismic response with the dynamic model and the well/production data for better history matches and a more accurate understanding of the 4D seismic response
- understand the evolution of fluid and gas movement and saturations within the reservoir
- calculate displacement, overburden strain, and seismic time-shifts due to reservoir compaction to prevent formation damage that could degrade the ability to economically extract recoverable hydrocarbons
- monitor injection water replacing oil to confirm the effective performance of the water injection along the completed intervals
Time-Series Data Integration, Visualization, and Analysis
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., enables oil and gas professionals to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with hydrocarbon assets. Powerful 4D visualization capabilities allow you to explore data relationships and analyze the impact of changing reservoir conditions over time, allowing multi-disciplined asset teams to confidently make operational decisions that positively impact profit and reduce operational risk. To learn more about CoViz 4D, contact our team.