4D seismic integrated with other discipline-specific data streams in a streamlined workflow fosters collaborative decision making. CoViz 4D offers quantitative and qualitative tools to enable efficiency and accuracy in results.
opens in a new window4D seismic surveys play a vital role in monitoring oil and gas fields. Acquired data provide spatial information regarding changes that occur during the course of production. This information is used to update reservoir simulation models, increase the reliability of production forecasts, and improve field management.
The Need for Integration of Discipline-Specific Datasets
Flexible, Iterative Workflows and Quantitative Tools
1. From Simulations to Petroelastic Model
The available Sim2Pem module in the CoViz Sim2Seis workflow quickly and easily guides the user from flow/saturation model to petroelastic (velocity and density) model. Some of the available options include:
- Gassmann substitution to create petroelastic models from rock physics parameters
- Krief or polynomial options for expression of dry moduli
- Batzle-Wang or user-provided custom fluid calculations
- Optional accommodation of time-varying porosity
- Rapid interactive QC and scanning of the output attributes
2. From Petroelastic Model to Synthetic Seismic Volume
Generate a 4D synthetic seismic volume that shows expected response and velocity variations based on the petroelastic model. Apply a wide variety of available analytic capabilities for synthetic seismic volume development. Options include:
- Integrated depth-to-time and time-to-depth conversions
- Band-limited impedance or reflectivity volumes
- 4D difference volume outputs
- Multiple intermediate output options for QC
- Workflows for rapid looping and sensitivity analysis
3. Qualitative and Quantitative Comparison
After creating the synthetic seismic volume, conduct the qualitative and quantitative comparison of the synthetic volumes with the field-measured seismic and reservoir simulation input. CoViz 4D provides built-in tools for rapid, integrated, quantitative analysis and statistical comparison of geometrically diverse, yet spatially-overlapping 3D and 4D data sets. Features include:
- Time-step arithmetic operations for rapid calculations of differences over time
- Interactive tools for property averages and attribute extractions in seismic space and cellular space
- Back-interpolations of properties between spatially and temporally overlapping data
- Statistical analysis, including histograms, probability plots, and cross-plotting of diverse data types
- Options to capture and export the results of the quantitative analysis
Efficient and Accurate Seismic History Matching
CoViz 4D leads the industry in the visualization of diverse subsurface data used in hydrocarbon asset development.
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives oil and gas professionals the ability to easily access and combine all relevant reservoir data. Powerful visualization capabilities also give asset teams the ability to collaboratively analyze changes in reservoir characteristics over time and confidently make decisions that positively impact profit and reduce operational risk. To learn more about CoViz 4D, contact our team.