Solving the Problem of Integrating Static and Dynamic Reservoir Data
The CoViz 4D data registry solves the problem of integrating relevant static and dynamic reservoir datasets that individually characterize reservoir attributes. A data registry:
- provides a means for individuals in the reservoir team to easily load and access their data (if using CoViz 4D, this is easily done via drag and drop to the data registry);
- automatically imports and translates the various dataset and file types into a format that allows the data to be integrated, visualized, and analyzed; and
- allows reservoir teams to access datasets generated by the discipline-specific software applications without needing to know how to use or run the additional software.
DGI’s data registry makes it easy to integrate and access vital subsurface datasets. Once the relevant static and dynamic reservoir data have been registered, reservoir management teams can then use DGI’s CoViz 4D, a powerful 3/4D visualization and analytic software package, to further improve the understanding of their reservoir.
CoViz 4D Facilitates Greater Efficiency and Accuracy in Reservoir Modeling
Asset teams can apply a wide range of visualization techniques, analytic tools, and utilities available in CoViz 4D to collaboratively evaluate and interpret integrated reservoir data. The insights that can be gained using these techniques include:
- depict a geocellular grid, including seismic volume, geologic model, wellpaths, and well logs;
- highlight fault locations between cells and evaluate the influences of faults on flows
- evaluate transmissibility factors across boundaries;
- detect non-neighbor connections relative to faults and non-stratigraphic boundaries;
- determine reservoir flow patterns relative to particular cells;
- easily identify anomalies, such as a well located outside of a reservoir simulation grid; and
- compare wells and cross-correlate factors to learn how similar or disparate attributes affect performance.
Visualize Reservoir Evolution Over Time
Efficiently Evaluate Simulation Parameters to Determine the Best Model
Integrate, Visualize, and Analyze to Create Accurate Reservoir Models
When data are integrated, visualized, and analyzed to explore the complex interrelationships among subsurface structures, attributes, and historical performance, management teams achieve a more accurate understanding of reservoir performance. The ability to easily integrate relevant static and dynamic reservoir data facilitates faster development of more accurate reservoir models that can guide operational decisions to maximize recovery going forward.
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives reservoir management teams the ability to easily integrate relevant static and dynamic reservoir data. Powerful visualization capabilities enable you to explore data relationships, calculate and show inferred data, and analyze how data changes over time, allowing your team to develop more accurate reservoir models and confidently make decisions that impact profit and reduce operational risk. To learn more about CoViz 4D contact our team.