Understanding Time-Lapse Seismic Reservoir Monitoring
- Observe the change in rock elastic properties which are likely due to production activities.
- Keep track of micro-seismic events over time and analyze their effect on production.
- Monitor faults, fractures, and their effect on fluid migration and saturation over time within the reservoir.
- Perform history matching by comparing time-lapse seismic data with existing reservoir simulation models and production data to ensure accuracy of the 4D model.
- Monitor deformation in the subsurface that may result from hydrocarbon recovery or fluid injection.
- Monitor uncertainties due to potential well interference (where wells too close cause changes in production and injection).
Integration for Extensive Analysis and Visualization
CoViz 4D for Time-Lapse Seismic Reservoir Monitoring
- Integration of large volumes of diverse data
- Animation of temporal data using time steps for the reservoir simulation grid, well status, or production data
- Visualizing one or more seismic volumes at the same time
- Sampling of 4D seismic data into the reservoir simulation grid
- Performing volume differencing between time steps in a single operation
- Advanced quantitative operations on seismic volumes and attributes
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., enables oil and gas professionals to easily access and combine all relevant data associated with hydrocarbon assets. Powerful 4D visualization capabilities allow you to explore data relationships and perform time-lapse seismic reservoir monitoring, allowing multi-disciplined asset teams to confidently make operational decisions that positively impact profit and reduce operational risk. To learn more about CoViz 4D contact our team.