Effective well and reservoir management depends upon timely access and analysis of relevant data associated with hydrocarbon assets. Volumes of diverse data are acquired throughout the life of a reservoir, from preliminary seismic analysis to daily production data indicating well performance. Taken individually, these data provide incomplete, but nonetheless valuable, insight regarding reservoir characteristics—geologic formations, permeability, estimated ultimate recovery, well trajectory, completion strategy, stimulation methods, and water cut. These data attain significantly greater value when integrated and visualized to provide a more complete and detailed perspective of wells and reservoirs.
Understanding Wells, From Pad to TVD
- Well logs characterize physical rock properties encountered while drilling the well.
- Well-centric views navigate along the wellbore visualizing the data along the wellpath.
- Wellpath symbols for perforation, open hole test, open hole completion, casing, slotted liner, injection, and other parameters, with starting and ending MD for each. Optional descriptive comments and/or links to wellbore documents and reports can provide additional information regarding wellbore features.
- Microseismic event geometry shows frac locations, magnitudes, and stages in context of fault geometries and stratigraphy.
The ability to visualize an entire wellbore, examine any portion in detail, and easily access information describing wellbore characteristics, facilitates collaborative assessment and decision-making with the goal of optimizing well performance.
Production Data Compares Well Performance in Context
- Steam flooding of laterals not delivering expected results due to a potential thief zone in a mature reservoir.
- Improper flow rates leading to over-production and water coning problems.
- Perforations becoming plugged with particulates precipitated by formation fluid incompatibility.
- Overburden collapse altering pore structure and permeability around wellbore.
- Production decline resulting from wellhead seal and mechanical failure.
Animation shows field expansion and comparative well production over time. Blue = water, green = oil, orange = injections.
CoViz 4D: Data Visualization for Improved Well and Reservoir Management
CoViz 4D can easily ingest volumes of data associated with a large number of wells, multiple reservoirs, or entire fields giving reservoir teams the ability to focus their analysis on the macro, the micro, and any level in between.
CoViz 4D, a data visualization analytics software from Dynamic Graphics, Inc., gives oil and gas professionals the ability to easily integrate relevant data associated with petroleum assets. Powerful visualization capabilities enable teams to analyze changing reservoir conditions and confidently make management decisions to positively impact recovery efforts. To learn more about CoViz 4D contact our team.