EarthVision developed by Dynamic Graphics, offers software for 3D model building, analysis, and visualization, with precise 3D models that can be quickly created and updated. Accurate maps and cross-sections, reservoir characterization, and volumetric analysis are made easy.
Contour maps, isochore maps, and cross-sections derived from EarthVision 3D models provide accurate, easily understood representations of reverse faults, major fault gaps, fault-wedge contours, and other geologic scenarios regardless of complexity. These representations of layer juxtaposition are critical tools in volumetric analysis, fluid migration, and hydrocarbon entrapment analysis.
The EarthVision Integrated Well Designer, an optional module for EarthVision, offers quick, robust, easy-to-use well planning for non-expert well planners within the context of geologic, geophysical, and reservoir data. Driven by the strength of the WellArchitect planning engine, the EVIWD combines powerful well planning software with advanced 3D visualization capabilities.
Using an algorithm optimized for faults, the EarthVision Cellular Gridding program calculates cellular reservoir grids that accurately portray the structure and ⁄ or property in the original 3D model. The cellular 3D grid then provides the framework for calculating and predicting the flow of fluids within the reservoir.
EarthVision Software for 3D Modeling and Visualization
Data provided courtesy of Prof. Thomas Manley, Middlebury College.
Streamline the Model Building Process
Using EarthVision’s WorkFlow Manager, the model building process is streamlined allowing complex models to be built quickly and easily through a guided, geologically oriented process. Using one-time data entry, the WorkFlow Manager’s interface provides an intuitive environment, guiding users through modeling fluid contacts, salt domes, diapirs, and complexly faulted structures, and performing time-to-depth conversions.
- a user customizable workflow
- seamless integration of seismic interpretations in time with your depth model using EarthVision’s geo-model-driven velocity and time-to-depth conversion
- intermediate horizon creation using true vertical or true stratigraphic thickness (TVT or TST)
- fluid contact modeling with the ability to constrain fluids on a fault block basis and/or within a polygon area
- property modeling using geometric reconstructive techniques to better represent the true depositional history of strata in faulted reservoirs
- property grouping by zone or fault block, and conformal or non-conformal gridding to accurately represent property distributions
- contour map, isochore map, and cross-section creation as part of the model building process
offers greater support for DGI multigrid file visualization; Cloud-native data loading support for select file types; New features and performance around Lidar data; updated Python and DGI Libraries; General visualization changes and enhancements.
ARTICLES & PAPERS
The Three-Dimensional Geologic Model Used for the 2003 National Oil and Gas Assessment of the San Joaquin Basin Province, California
by Allegra Hosford Scheirer
by Michael P. Pantea & James C. Cole
by Skip Pack, Dynamic Graphics, Inc.
by Graham Brew, Dynamic Graphics, Inc.
by Foster, L., Aidoo, A., Tourqui, A., Castle-Smith, J., Mezdour, J., & Taylor, M.
by Donald D. Clarke & Christopher C. Phillips
by Moeck, Inga, Heinz-Gerd Holl, & Heinz Schandelmeier
by M.S. Miller, A. Gorbatov, & B.L.N Kennett
by Heinz-Gerd Holl, Moeck, Inga, & Heinz Schandelmeier
by Meghan S. Miller, & Brian L. N. Kennett
by Daniel J. Ponti, Kenneth D. Ehman, etc.
Prepared by: William H. Schneider Roy F. Weston, Inc., John G. Wrobel U.S. Army Garrison, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, etc.