EarthVision Integrated Well Designer
The EarthVision Integrated Well Designer™, an optional module for use with EarthVision, offers quick, robust, easy-to-use well planning for non-expert well planners within the context of geologic, geophysical, and reservoir data. Driven by the strength of the WellArchitect planning engine, the EarthVision Integrated Well Designer combines powerful well planning software with advanced 3D visualization capabilities—a major step forward for the oil & gas drilling industry.
- calculation with a variety of curves, and automatic display in EarthVision’s robust 3D ⁄ 4D visualization environment
- 2D and 3D geologic target generation within the context of all the asset team’s data
- the ability to sidetrack from any well and change the tie-on on-the-fly
- display of ellipsoids of uncertainty and driller’s targets based on ISCWSA standard tool models
Go from picking targets within the context of reservoir data across the asset team to a drillable wellpath to a more economical sidetrack in seconds. Data for all three images used with permission of owner.
Many geoscientists and engineers prefer to first create an appropriate well path within their data, rather than simply sending 3D target locations to a professional well planner (inside or outside of their organization). By creating your own well paths, you can effectively answer critical questions:
- is it more efficient to sidetrack?
- how exposed is a well to a problem horizon?
- is the well path staying within the sweet spot?
- is the well too close to the oil-water contact?
- how do critical parameters varying along the length of the well?
The EarthVision Integrated Well Designer allows for faster identification and better management of problem areas, shortening the cycle between geosciences and drilling, thereby maximizing returns on drilling investments.
offers greater support for DGI multigrid file visualization; Cloud-native data loading support for select file types; New features and performance around Lidar data; updated Python and DGI Libraries; General visualization changes and enhancements.
ARTICLES & PAPERS
The Three-Dimensional Geologic Model Used for the 2003 National Oil and Gas Assessment of the San Joaquin Basin Province, California
by Allegra Hosford Scheirer
by Michael P. Pantea & James C. Cole
by Skip Pack, Dynamic Graphics, Inc.
by Graham Brew, Dynamic Graphics, Inc.
by Foster, L., Aidoo, A., Tourqui, A., Castle-Smith, J., Mezdour, J., & Taylor, M.
by Donald D. Clarke & Christopher C. Phillips
by Moeck, Inga, Heinz-Gerd Holl, & Heinz Schandelmeier
by M.S. Miller, A. Gorbatov, & B.L.N Kennett
by Heinz-Gerd Holl, Moeck, Inga, & Heinz Schandelmeier
by Meghan S. Miller, & Brian L. N. Kennett
by Daniel J. Ponti, Kenneth D. Ehman, etc.
Prepared by: William H. Schneider Roy F. Weston, Inc., John G. Wrobel U.S. Army Garrison, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, etc.