Enhancing 3D Seismic Data Through Co-visualization of Subsurface Information
The Benefit of Data Integration and Co-Visualization
Leveraging Technological Features, Functions, and Algorithms
- time-to-depth and depth-to-time dataset conversions
- time-step arithmetic operations that calculate differences among successive seismic surveys
- property averages calculations in seismic space and cellular space
- property value back-interpolations between spatially and temporally overlapping data
- visual comparisons of multiple spatially aligned datasets, such as 4D seismic vs. reservoir simulation grid
- qualitative and quantitative comparisons of synthetic volumes with the field-measured seismic and reservoir simulations
- Apply depth-to-time conversions to any in-depth datasets such as well tops or logs, fault picks in wells, drilling hazards, and cellular grids and bring that data back to their interpretation package to correlate data with reflectors seen in the seismic.
- Apply time-to-depth conversions to bring the interpretation into real-world depths to examine correlations with existing reservoir models.
- Provide a regional context for better seismic data interpretation, comparing a specific area of a seismic survey to other areas in a field to see how faults have been interpreted in those areas.
- Analytically compare 3D seismic data and reservoir simulation, then resample the seismic as a reservoir simulation property, create an interactive scatter plot, and probe areas of interest, for example, determining where high porosity and high seismic amplitude occur together.
Resources: Monitoring to Enhance Reservoir Performance
The following resources provide various approaches Dynamic Graphics Inc.’s integrated solutions can provide for 3D seismic data interpretation:
An Integrated Approach to Seismic Forward Modeling
Enhancing Structural Interpretation of Seismic Data With Velocity Modeling
Depth Conversion of 3D Seismic Data Through Visualization
Scaling 3D Seismic Data Analysis from Laptops to Visualization Centers
Data Integration and Visualization Enhance Seismic Data Interpretation
An Effective Solution for Analysis of 3D Seismic Data
Software solutions from Dynamics Graphics Inc., such as CoViz 4D and EarthVision, provide an ideal platform for interpreters to accurately represent the seismic data at its correct geospatial position as an accurate 3D simulation model. The capabilities of these software allow enhancement of existing interpretations through: