Managing the Seismic Data Overload
- Maximising reservoir potential from a known low risk source
- Providing accurate future production predictions
- Reservoir connectivity
- Potential locations for infill drilling
3D seismic data is only one component of many that represent the current state of the reservoir. A more complete picture can only be achieved by the integration of many of the component parts. Some of these elements like the production and injection volumes also have a temporal element. Coupling these temporal elements together in an integrated immersive environment will enable a clearer understanding of the reservoir mechanics which in turn will provide more accurate predictions of reservoir hydrocarbon production.
Reducing Risk by Effective Integration of Reservoir Data
- Allow corrections to the current representation of the reservoir model
- Indicate regions for pressure support
- Indicate future drilling opportunities for increasing production
- Prediction of future production rates
- Resources: 3D Seismic Visualization Approach
An Effective Solution for 3D Seismic Analysis
Software solutions from Dynamics Graphics,® Inc., such as CoViz® 4D and EarthVision®, provide an ideal platform for interpreters to accurately represent the seismic data at its correct geospatial position as an accurate 3D simulation model. The capabilities of these softwares allow enhancement of existing interpretations through:
With easy data import, on-the-fly volumetric calculations, and visualization of seismic data with 3D and 4D analysis capabilities, a collaborative environment is fostered. This results in a comprehensive interpretation of the reservoir characteristics for asset teams to make an informed decision on reducing economic risks and increasing productivity.